Bernard F. Grall, Jr.
Bernard F. Grall, Jr. was raised in West Palm Beach and graduated from Palm Beach High School in 1963. He attended Palm Beach Community College for a year before joining the United States Marine Corps Reserve, attaining the rank of Sergeant.
Mr. Grall worked in the aerospace industry for six years as a designer. During that time, he attained his Associate of Arts degree from St. Petersburg Community College and his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science at the University of South Florida.
After receiving his law degree from Marquette University Law School in 1975, he practiced law representing insurance companies in defense matters on the Treasure Coast. In 1979 Mr. Grall established his own law firm, and in 1982, he began to limit his practice to the representation of injured clients. This focus has continued through the present.
In 1989, Mr. Grall completed a long-term vision for the construction of Tara Plantation, which houses the Grall Law Group. Tara is located on State Road 60 in Vero Beach and is situated on five beautifully landscaped acres. The law office contains 20 rooms, including a library, gym, and four conference rooms.
Every year Tara Plantation is transformed into a Winter Wonderland known as “Christmas at Tara.” Mr. Grall and his wife, Marge, have brought that vision to fruition each year since 1990.
Mr. Grall has maintained an overwhelming dedication to his family and community over the years. Mr. Grall and his wife were married in 1976 and have been blessed with eight children and twenty grandchildren. Mr. Grall has the inordinate ability to balance all of his passions, especially in the prosecution of his clients’ legal matters. In 1999, he obtained the largest jury verdict ever awarded in Indian River County, $19.2 million. Since that time, Mr. Grall has obtained millions of dollars on behalf of his clients.
He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell (the highest rating that one can achieve from other lawyers and judges through a prestigious peer review organization).
- J.D., Marquette University, 1975
- B.A. in Political Science, University of South Florida, 1971
- A.A., St. Petersburg Junior College, 1970
- Florida and Wisconsin, 1975
- Southern District of Florida, 2004
Community Involvement & Memberships
- St. Helen Parish, Member
- United Way, Past President
- United Way, Past Campaign Chairman
- American Cancer Society, Past Campaign Chairman
- St. Helen’s Parish Council, Past President
- John Carroll High School’s Advisory Board, Past President
- Little League Girls’ Softball, Past President
- Indian Princesses & Guides of Indian River County, Past President
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Indian River County Bar Association, Member (Director 2004-2007)