Car Accident Lawyers in Vero Beach, FL Obtaining Fair Compensation For Auto Accident Victims
Being severely injured in a motor vehicle accident can be devastating to both the victim and their family. Suddenly an accident victim is forced to deal with mounting medical bills and lost wages due to their inability to work. This lost income can quickly become a financial hardship, leaving the injury victim feeling more stressed and overwhelmed as each day passes.
If you have suffered severe injuries in a motor vehicle accident, you need an experienced car accident lawyer who can file a personal injury claim on your behalf. After you have been injured, you need adequate time to rest and recover from your injuries, and one of the last things you probably want to do is deal with the insurance company.
We are glad to assist you with submitting the necessary legal paperwork involved in filing an insurance claim. We will also act as your legal advocate when it comes time to deal with the insurance company regarding reaching a settlement.
You should never talk with the other party’s insurance company. They will try to undervalue, delay, or deny car accident claims. They may also try to convince you to give a recorded statement regarding the accident.
At the Grall Law Group, our car accident attorneys are familiar with the deceitful tactics that insurance companies attempt to use to protect their financial interests. Our legal team has the skills and training necessary to take on the insurance company to pursue the compensation and justice you deserve.
Contact our law offices and ask to schedule a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers.
Why Do Most Car Accidents Occur?
Although car accidents may be attributed to various causes, certain factors seem more prevalent than others. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Driving fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Adverse weather conditions
- Poor road conditions
Drunk driving is one of Florida’s most common causes of car accidents. Other common causes include distracted driving, including drivers talking or texting on their cell phones. Other distractions include drivers using the car’s dashboard system to play music or program their GPS. Some drivers also do not realize how much they are distracted by talking with passengers in the car, eating, or paying more attention to other drivers than their own driving.
Regardless of how your accident occurred, if you have sustained serious injuries resulting from a motor vehicle collision, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer who can protect your legal rights. Under Florida law, if you have been injured in a car accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and other expenses incurred due to injury.
Our car accident lawyers will provide you with the necessary legal representation you need to obtain a fair settlement for your injuries.
What Steps Should I Take if I Am Involved in a Car Accident?
If you have been involved in a car accident, there are certain steps that you must take to protect yourself and any passengers who may have been with you in the vehicle. They include:
- Remain on the scene and check on any passengers who may have been traveling with you and others who may have been in other vehicles involved in the accident for injuries.
- If you or any of your passengers are injured, request emergency responders when you call 911 to report the motor vehicle accident.
- Exchange information with all parties who may have had motor vehicles involved in the accident. To save time, use your cell phone to take pictures of the other party’s driver’s license, license plate, and insurance company’s name.
- If you can, use your cell phone to gather evidence to document the accident scene. This includes damage to all of the vehicles, the lighting and weather conditions, and the terrain in the area the accident occurred.
- Obtain contact information from bystanders who may be potential witnesses to the car accident. This includes their names, phone numbers, and addresses.
- Even if you do not think you are seriously injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible. In some cases, soft tissue injuries such as whiplash or even more serious injuries such as concussions do not immediately manifest themselves. These medical conditions could lead to serious complications if left untreated.
- Be sure to request copies of the police report and all medical reports for your records. These can prove invaluable if you decide to pursue a personal injury claim after being involved in a car accident. They also provide the legal documentation you need to file a claim.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney who can answer your legal questions and explain your rights and legal options.
At Grall Law Group, our car accident attorneys are passionately committed to assisting clients in obtaining a financial recovery that will provide for their immediate needs and give them the peace of mind they need to recover from their injuries. Contact our law offices and ask to schedule an appointment with a highly qualified car accident attorney today.
What is Personal Injury Protection in Florida?
Florida is a no-fault state, and as a result, all drivers are required to carry personal injury protection, better known as PIP insurance. In simple terms, this means that when a car crash occurs, each driver files a car accident claim with their own company to provide payment for certain medical expenses and lost wages. However, you may still be entitled to seek financial compensation from the other driver’s insurance company for additional damages.
Unfortunately, many car accident victims do not initially feel they need a car accident lawyer to assist them after they have been involved in an accident. Often, they take it for granted that their insurance company or the other party’s insurer will provide them with a fair insurance settlement. However, insurance companies are not concerned about the well-being of those they insure but their own financial bottom line.
As a result, they may offer you a settlement that is not in your best interests and may barely cover your medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. This offer may seem tempting, especially if you have been unable to work and bring home any income. However, these quick settlements are rarely in your best interests and may not account for the long-term care you may need, such as physical therapy or rehabilitation.
If you have been involved in a car crash, you need an experienced car accident lawyer who can review your car accident case and explain your rights and legal options. Contact Grall Law Group, and ask to schedule a free injury consultation with one of our highly knowledgeable personal injury lawyers as soon as possible.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover in a Car Accident Case in Florida?
Under Florida law, car accident victims can seek economic and non-economic damages. These types of damages fall under what is known as compensatory damages. In general, economic damages are meant to either reimburse the victim for costs they may have spent or will have to spend due to injury. Non-economic damages are more subjective and depend largely on the facts and circumstances surrounding each individual’s personal injury claim.
In addition, under certain conditions, Florida also allows injury victims to pursue punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded to punish the responsible party. However, these types of damages are rarely awarded but may be considered if the other party was found to be negligent due to drunk driving or texting while driving. A skilled personal injury attorney can review the facts of your case and determine if you should ask the court to award punitive damages.
As stated, economic damages are awarded to reimburse the injury victim for expenses they have experienced after an injury. Some of the most commonly awarded economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses: include reimbursement for hospital bills, prescription drug costs, co-pays, skilled medical care, therapy sessions, and any other medical bills that may accompany your care.
- Lost wages: includes the money and any potential bonuses you may have missed due to your inability to work.
- Loss of future earning capacity includes any money or income you may lose if you cannot resume the type of employment you enjoyed prior to being injured.
- Property damages: includes the costs associated with repairing or replacing your car after you have been involved in a car accident.
Non-economic damages depend on the facts that surround your particular case. For example, a person who suffers a traumatic brain injury would most likely receive more financial compensation than someone who breaks their leg. While both injuries are serious in nature, the insurance company often looks at the long-term consequences suffered by accident victims.
Some of the most commonly awarded non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: compensation for the physical pain you endured due to injury.
- Mental anguish: compensation for the emotional trauma you suffered after being injured.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: compensation awarded when you can no longer participate in activities you enjoyed prior to being injured.
- Loss of consortium: compensation awarded to a victim’s spouse for the impact their spouse’s injuries have on their life.
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring: compensation awarded to injury victims who have lost limbs, suffered the loss of eyesight or hearing, or had permanent scarring as a result of their personal injury.
An experienced attorney can review all the facts surrounding your car accident case and determine which damages would be appropriate to ask for in terms of financial recovery. The car accident lawyers of Grall Law Group have extensive experience handling car accident claims and will work hard to recover the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Why Should I Choose Your Law Firm to Handle My Car Accident Claim?
When you have been severely injured in a motor vehicle accident, you want an experienced car accident lawyer whom you can trust with your future and well-being. Many car accident attorneys claim to be able to obtain positive results, but few have the level of experience and provide the level of personal care that Grall Law Group can provide for its clients.
Our car accident lawyers can assist you in navigating the paperwork that accompanies filing an insurance claim. Many insurance companies will deny a claim if it is incomplete or filled out incorrectly. This can cost you valuable time and create potential financial hardship. Our legal team can assist you with completing the paperwork and filing it in a timely manner.
Most car accident victims are unaware that a large percentage of accident claims are settled out of court. Our car accident attorneys are highly skilled in negotiating with insurance companies to obtain financial compensation that is fully favorable to you and your future needs. However, if it does become necessary for your accident case to go to court to be resolved, our personal injury lawyers are not afraid to stand up to the insurance company to fight for the justice you deserve.
All of our accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not collect any money unless you win your case. Our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to standing up for your best interests in the present and future. We will not stop until we feel we have attained an insurance settlement that will meet your personal needs and give you the peace of mind you need to recover from your injuries.
Grall Law Group is proud to serve the citizens of Vero Beach and the surrounding areas. We strive to provide each client with outstanding personalized service and a high degree of professionalism. We place a substantial value on each attorney-client relationship that we establish with those individuals who put their trust in us.
Contact our law offices by calling 772-773-6697 and ask to schedule a free injury consultation with one of our knowledgeable car accident lawyers today.