Negligent Security Lawyers in Vero Beach, FL Obtaining Justice for Victims of Crime
Florida law requires that property owners maintain their premises to ensure the health and safety of those who may be on the premises. However, some property owners must provide adequate safety for their guests and others who may need to enter the location. As a result, if you are attacked or otherwise harmed due to the owner’s negligence, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit to recover compensation.
Grall Law Group is dedicated to assisting victims of negligent security to recover maximum compensation for their injuries and the emotional trauma they may have experienced. Contact our law offices and ask to schedule a no-obligation legal consultation with one of our negligent security lawyers, who will gladly explain your rights and legal options.
Where Do Most Negligent Security Incidents Occur?
Although negligent security incidents can occur anywhere on another individual’s property, there are areas in which they seem to happen more frequently. Some of the most common areas that seem to lend themselves to negligent security issues include:
- Parking lots
- Gas stations
Robbery and assault rank highest in the types of criminal actions that victims report. If you have been the victim of negligent security due to the property owner’s lack of safety measures, you need to protect yourself by consulting an experienced negligent security lawyer who can fight for the justice you deserve.
What Should I Do if I Have Been the Victim of Negligent Security?
If you have been injured or assaulted due to a property owner failing to take protective measures to ensure the safety of individuals on their property, you must take specific steps immediately.
- Remain calm and get to a safe area. Once you are safe, call 911 to report the incident to law enforcement. If you are injured, be sure to ask for emergency responders.
- Gather as much information as possible regarding the property owner’s and manager’s names. Use your phone to take pictures of the incident’s area, such as the lighting, terrain, and anything else you feel may be helpful.
- Obtain the contact information of any bystanders that may be potential witnesses to the incident, including their names and phone numbers.
- Even if you do not think you are seriously injured, seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries, such as concussions, do not immediately manifest and could cause severe problems if not treated as soon as possible.
- Ask for copies of the police report as well as your medical records.
- Contact an experienced negligent security lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case.
How Do I Know if I Have a Negligent Security Claim?
Certain legal factors should be present for an individual to file a negligent security claim. These factors include:
- The property owner must have had a reasonable expectation that a violent crime could occur due to their lack of security measures.
- The property owner did not act to prevent such injuries from potentially occurring to their guests.
- You were harmed directly due to the lack of security measures and negligence on the property owner’s part.
The negligent security lawyers at Grall Law Group will gladly review the facts and evidence that surround your case and determine if there is enough evidence to move forward with your case.
How Can Your Law Firm Assist Me With A Negligent Security Claim?
If you have been attacked or injured on another individual’s property due to the lack of safety measures, you need to file a claim to try and receive compensation. Some victims are hesitant to proceed with a negligent security claim due to the nature of their injuries. However, one of the best ways to hold the accountable party responsible for their negligence is to file a claim to recover damages.
Grall Law Group may be able to recover damages to cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, as well as the emotional trauma you experienced as a result of being attacked or injured.
Contact our law firm by calling 772-773-6697 and ask to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Our personal injury attorneys will gladly sit down with you to hear your side of the story. We will also advise you of your rights and potential legal options.